Japanese Woodblock Printing - Multiple Colour Workshop
Enjoy printing multiple colours and experience the translucent and gentle nature of Japanese woodblock printing. Gain satisfaction in carving your own block and print it together with specially pre-carved blocks to create a unique myriad of colour and design.
Participants will learn image transfer, block carving, paper preparation and proofing. Water-based and non-toxic, Japanese woodblock printing is an exciting way to gain an insight into traditional Ukiyoe prints.
All tools and materials are provided. Participant numbers are kept to a maximum of 4 students to ensure lots of teacher attention.
Take home your hand-pulled prints to show off to your family and friends!
• See contemporary and antique prints from various artists
• Transfer your design onto the block, carve your image and master registration
• Proof your block and make final adjustments
• Use the unique combination of barren, brush, glue and paint
• Edition and create 10 prints on professional Torinoko Japanese washi paper
• Receive a stylish frame worth $20 and enjoy a complimentary framing service
BOOK NOW - ONLY 4 PLACES PER WORKSHOP
Join our newsletter and keep up to date on upcoming classes: www.jenniferlimdesign.com